I’m working on an embroidery for a mage cowl, using organza for the first Time. This is going to take a while….
I made a corset for my mage character. It’s not done yet, but there are a few in-progress photos I’d like to share.
I took a tudor corset pattern and changed it to suit my needs. It is shorter than it’s historical counterparts, since I have to be able to move around in it a lot. I also made the upper edge pointing upwards to enhance the ArtDeco feel of this costume part.
I used linen cloth for the lining and rattan for the lining. The outer layer is going to be brocade.
The corset originally was going to have cording as well as a front clasp, but breathing proved really hard in this. So I decided to exchange the cording for 10 cm wide elastic straps. So It is more like a fake corset now.