The Armour surcoat I made for this summer’s Epic Empires quickly became one of my favourite pieces of Costume.
I have not managed to take good pictures of the finished surcoat, so here are some WIP photographs. The surcoat still lacks clasps here, and the sides are not yet closed. But all the embroidery, the leather and the lining are already finished.
Every time I go hiking I end up thinking: You could do a great costume shooting, with all those beautiful mountains. So this time we packed a dress, stopped on a moor that’s right on a seaside cliff.
It was Cyranil’s first time as a photographer, and we underestimated a lot of thing. Like the wind, for example. Ever tried posing for a photo while you are literally being swept off your feet?
But then wind is awesome in photos…
This dress was made by Celefindel creations a few years back, I made her an elven battle dress in exchange. I’ve had it with me on most Larps, but since I mostly wear armour, there have been no photos until now.
Usually the Embroidery on the back of this robe is hidden by my hair. Not sure what drove me to put my character’s crest there.
Thank you to Liz-Sai/Mioon for taking the Photo.
This woolen hood for my elven Larp charakter has already proven its worth more than once. But I have not managed to take decent photos of it up until now. The Rain started just before it got too dark too shoot, we really got lucky.
Thanks to Liz-Sai/Mioon for taking the Photos
Today I finished the Satin tunic I started a few weeks ago. I have loads of robes and stuff, but I had only one basic tunic until now.
The Tunic fits me far better than the dummy, so naturally its looks a bit weird on the photo
Four days have passed with me virtually doing nothing. Or at least nothing to finish the garments I need in August.
At least I started almost everything by now.
The first robe I started a while back (blue cotton satin), but my sewing machine suddenly decided I would take no more silver yarn… and the embroidery on the sleeves are not finished.
The lining also does not Work the Way I want it to, and so I wont finish it for the Epic Empires.
The Hood is the same one as in the Pictures taken on Carnil, but it got a new collar,a shorter sash, a pelt collar an adjustments on the hood.
Not much to do here anymore.
Its different with the short battlerobe I stared… the main part is ready but the lining is still missing.
The rest is unfinished as well. The green sash needs a lining and the golden lace is going to be replaced with something light gray.
The colour of the robe is much darker in reality… it looks kind of weird in the photo. The fabric is also less shiny.
My new larp shield has now its final shape (and some tape) and I have started making the cover. Its going to be some work.
Today Nuryia an I took another try to get some nice Photos, this time in scale armour.
It weights about 10 kilo in total, both helmet and plated shoulders are missing as well as leather bracers an gloves.
The garment consists of a short robe, a modified hakama and a cape. It is far from finished.