The Armour surcoat I made for this summer’s Epic Empires quickly became one of my favourite pieces of Costume.
I have not managed to take good pictures of the finished surcoat, so here are some WIP photographs. The surcoat still lacks clasps here, and the sides are not yet closed. But all the embroidery, the leather and the lining are already finished.
My Scalemaille will ruin any clothing beneath, so I made this shirt from a very sturdy cotton fabric. And then embroidered the lining, becase apparently I am that sort of crazy.
The Collar will be turned up and secured with a clasp while wearing the armour. But while without armour, I can fold the front like this.
I still have to finish some things, for example the metal claps have yet to arrive.
I made a corset for my mage character. It’s not done yet, but there are a few in-progress photos I’d like to share.
I took a tudor corset pattern and changed it to suit my needs. It is shorter than it’s historical counterparts, since I have to be able to move around in it a lot. I also made the upper edge pointing upwards to enhance the ArtDeco feel of this costume part.
I used linen cloth for the lining and rattan for the lining. The outer layer is going to be brocade.
The corset originally was going to have cording as well as a front clasp, but breathing proved really hard in this. So I decided to exchange the cording for 10 cm wide elastic straps. So It is more like a fake corset now.